Last Update: 8/24/2020
This policy covers the following websites underneath our umbrella (the “Websites”). These Websites may be used by us to manage our information, manage our employee access to our online information, and/or to update/change inventory.
Your Relationship with the Websites
- SHEALY TRUCK CENTER (“Our”, “we”, or “us”) owns and operates websites that advertise inventory we have available for sale or rental. The purpose of our Websites is to advertise the inventory and to receive leads and related information you provide as an interested buyer or renter.
- You don’t have to provide any information about yourself to search the Websites, check the prices of different vehicles or equipment, explore the inventory that is being offered, or otherwise browse our Websites.
- When you use the Websites, even if you simply search our Websites, we receive some personal information from you such as the type of device you’re using and your IP address. We also use tracking data during your active session on our Websites so you can move around the site and go back to previously visited information without losing that information.
- You can choose to share additional information with us, including your email address, phone number, mailing address, or phone number. You do this by completing an online interest form that you submit to us.
- We may share your information from our Websites with our affiliates, including, if applicable, our parent and any direct or indirect subsidiaries of our parent.
- If you have questions about this policy, how we collect or process your personal data, or anything else related to our privacy practices, we want to hear from you. You can contact us at any time at our Contact Us page or by email at .
This policy applies to information we collect from or about you through our Websites and in email between you and a Website. Additionally, we may retain records of our communications through other media (such as phone and mail) based on questions or inquiries you provide.
Information We Collect
Information You Share With Us
We require certain information to provide our services to you. When you choose to share the information below with us, we collect and use this information to operate our Websites and to perform and provide you the services and information you requested.
Guest Searching to Basic Request and Account Information: You don’t have to create an account to use some of our Website features, such as searching for vehicles or equipment, looking at inventory, or checking out the prices of vehicles listed for sale. If you choose to receive our newsletters, create an account on our Websites, participate in sweepstakes/give-aways, or engage in other Website activities, you must provide us with some personal data so we can enroll you in those services or set up your account. Each contact form, interest form, account set-up, or reservation request identifies the required personal data fields to be completed prior to submitting it to us. Additional fields may be shown but are not required to complete your submission.
When you register for a newsletter, enter a sweepstakes, or set up an account, we may ask for your email address and/or your first name and last name. We will also ask you to create a password when you create your account with us. If you ask to be connected to us by email, by telephone, or in person to receive additional information on our inventory, we ask you to provide, in addition to the above, additional contact information such as your phone number.
Public Information - Customer Reviews or Comments: Some of our Websites include the ability for visitors to provide reviews or comments on vehicles or equipment. Your comments and reviews are posted publicly on our Websites. Prior to posting your review or comments, we will assess your posting to ensure it meets our content standards and is not inappropriate, offensive, or discriminatory. Please note that any personal data you post may be visible to everyone on the website.
If you would like to have your posted comment removed from a Website, please send us a request through our Contact Us page. Please provide sufficient information to help us to identify the comment that you wish to have removed. We may contact you if we require additional evidence to verify that you are the author of the review. Please note, even if we delete your comment from the Website, copies of your comment may remain viewable in cached and archived pages, or might have been copied or saved by other users.
Social Media Accounts: You may choose to follow us via provided links to Facebook, Twitter, Snapchat, Pinterest, or Instagram. We will have visibility into the connection information you share via these social media platforms. You may also choose to use your Facebook or Google accounts to sign-in and create a Website user account. According to your privacy settings on those platforms, these social or sign-in connections with our Websites may automatically provide us with access to certain personal data they have stored about you (such as content you have viewed or enjoyed, information about the advertisements you have been shown or clicked on, etc.).
Payment Information: We do not process or collect payments on our Websites.
Other Data You May Share with Our Company: In addition to your interaction with our Website, you may share information about yourself and your interests through:
- Information you provide when you apply for a job through our website. This includes any email address you provide to receive a reminder to apply for a position via “Remind me to apply later”.
- Information that you provide by completing and submitting “help” inquiries. This includes requesting specific services or support that may be tied to an account or other relationship you have with our Websites.
- Records and copies of your correspondence (including email addresses), if you contact us, including through the “Contact” or “Send Us Feedback” page of our Websites.
- Information you share in the free-from text box on our email inquiry form that could include additional personal data we did not specifically request from you. Other information you provide in that text box that could identify you and could be used to associate you to an existing account or other relationship with our company or Websites.
How You Control Information You Provide to Us:
As noted above, you control how and what you share with our Websites. Below are actions you can take:
- Only share your personal information when you want to be contacted on a vehicle or piece of equipment. You can search and look without providing any information or identifying yourself.
Additional Information We Receive About You
We receive certain information when you use our services or other Websites or mobile
applications that include our content, and from third parties including advertisers. We use such data, described in detail below, to operate our
Links: In order to operate our Websites, we keep track of how you interact with links across our services. If you click on an external link or ad on our Websites, that advertiser or website operator might figure out that you came from our site, along with other information associated with the ad you clicked, such as characteristics of the audience it was intended to reach. They may also collect other personal data from you, such as cookie identifiers or your IP address.
To Opt●Out of Cookies. You have the ability to adjust your browser settings to manage how we or other websites track your browsing activity. More information can be found at StaySafeOnline.org. Additionally, you can manage the advertising presented to you while browsing any website through the Ad Choices at the bottom of each page in our Websites.
Cookies are not required for many parts of our Websites, such as searching. Although most web browsers automatically accept cookies, many browsers’ settings can be set to decline cookies or alert you when a website is attempting to place a cookie on your computer. However, some of our services may not function properly if you disable cookies.
Log Data: We receive information when you view content on or otherwise interact with our Websites, which we refer to as “Log Data,” even if you have not created an account. For example, when you visit our Websites, sign into your account, or interact with our email or contact forms, we may receive information about you. This Log Data includes information about your computer and internet connection, as well as details of your visit to our Websites. Specifically, this includes traffic data, logs, and other communication data and the resources that you accessed and used – some data may only be used during your active session (and then forgotten) while other data may persist such as your preferences or remembering you when you return. We may also collect IP address, browser type, operating system, the referring web page, pages visited, location (based on IP address), device information (including device and application IDs), search terms, and cookie information.
We use Log Data to operate our services and ensure their secure, reliable, and robust performance. For example, we use Log Data to protect the security of accounts and to determine what content is popular on our Websites. We also use this data to improve the content we show you, including ads. We use the information you provide to us and data we receive, including Log Data and data from third parties, to make inferences like what topics you may be interested in, which helps us better design our services for you and personalize the content we show you, including ads.
Other Third Parties and Affiliates: We may receive information about you from third parties who are not our advertisers or ad vendors, such as vendors and service providers who help us evaluate the safety and quality of content on our Websites or our corporate affiliates.
Personalizing Across Your Devices: When you log into our Websites on a browser or via our mobile application on a device, we will associate that browser or device with your account for purposes such as authentication, security, and personalization. We may also associate the activity you did on one and share it with the other. We do this to operate and personalize our Websites and make them more relevant to you.
How We Use, Share, or Disclose Information
You play a large part in what personal data we share and with whom we share it. However, in limited circumstances we may also disclose your personal data for additional purposes. We make such disclosures either (a) at your direction or with your consent, (b) subject to your right to opt-out, (c) as necessary to operate our services, or (d) as required by law.
- Comply with a law, regulation, legal process, or governmental request;
- Protect the safety of any person;
- Protect the safety or integrity of our platform, including to help prevent spam, abuse, or malicious actors on our services, or to explain why we have removed content or accounts from our services;
- Address fraud, security, or technical issues; or
- Protect our rights or property or the rights or property of those who use our services.
Non-Personal Information: We collect, share and/or disclose non-personal data, such as anonymized or “de-identified” information and aggregated information about our customers and Website users such as the total number of times people engaged our Websites this month, the states those visits came from, or information related to advertising clicks or other metrics. This information does not identify any individual, without exception. All such non-personally identifiable information collected by us through our Websites, and all aggregated/compilations of non-personally identifiable information that we create, are our exclusive property. We may use any such non-personally identifiable or aggregated information for any purpose, including monitoring user traffic patterns, analyzing and quantifying user preferences, improving the design and content of our Websites, and enabling us to personalize your user experience, and we may share it with customers, advertisers, service providers, and other third parties.
Other Uses. We also use information collected about you, as well as non-personal data, to provide and improve our services and products, including to:
- provide and deliver our products and services, assist with processing transactions and send related information such as confirmations and invoices;
- send you technical notices, updates, security alerts and support and administrative messages;
- communicate with you about products, services, offers, promotions, rewards and events offered by us and others, and provide news and information we think will be of interest to you;
- monitor and analyze trends, usage and activities in connection with our products and services;
- revise, modify, and update existing services and products and develop new services and products;
- personalize the services and products and present you with advertising, content or features that we believe will be of interest or useful to you; and
- carry out any other appropriate purpose described to you at the time immediately before the information was collected.
How We Store Information
Storage of Information and Data. SHEALY TRUCK CENTER is located in the United States, and all information that we receive or collect is stored in the United States. This means your personal information may be subject to the laws of general application in the US.
How We Secure Information
Security of Information and Data. We employ technological and organizational measures to ensure that your personal data is protected against unauthorized or unlawful access, use or disclosure.
Managing Your Personal Information with Us
You control the personal data you share with us. You may use a contact form to receive additional information or be contacted by us regarding the vehicle or equipment you are looking for.
Accessing or Rectifying Your Personal Data: You can request access to your personal information with us in writing by contacting us at . We will respond within 30 days. We will provide you access to your personal information unless we are prohibited to do so, for example, if providing you access violates the privacy of another person. If we cannot give you access to your personal information, we will provide justification.
If you have submitted a contact or interest form, you can obtain a copy of what we received by filling out this Web Form directly. We may include, as part of your contact or interest form submission, other information that is inferred from your visit or passively obtained via third-parties about you and your activity.
Opt-Out and Unsubscribe: Except as provided under “Service Providers”, "Law, Harm and Public Interest", and "Affiliates and Change of Ownership", you may opt out of our sharing of your personally identifiable information with third parties (other than third parties performing functions on our behalf) by sending us an email with "OPT OUT" in the subject line. To unsubscribe from email communications from us, please send us an email with "UNSUBSCRIBE" in the subject line.
Portability: We can provide you a means to request a download of the information you have shared through our Websites for you to transfer it as you choose by following the steps here.
If you live in the United States, Canada, and Mexico, the data privacy officer responsible for your personal data can be contacted at:
If you live outside the United States, Canada, and Mexico, please refer to the Residents of the European Union section below.
Children and Our Services
Our Websites assume all users expressing interest in purchasing or renting vehicles are of majority age, can sign a contract, have a payment form issued in their name, and have a valid driver’s license. Our Websites are not directed to children, and you may not use or access our Websites if you are under the age of 18. You must also be old enough to consent to the processing of your personal data in your country or state of residence.
Residents of the State of California
If you are a resident of the State of California, you may have additional privacy rights under the California Consumer Privacy Act. Learn more about these privacy rights by visiting our Privacy Notice for California Residents.
Residents of the European Union
Currently the Websites are not open for use by residents of the European Union and we block IP addresses that trace back to locations within the European Union or European Economic Area. If you are a resident of the EU and have accessed our Website from inside the United States, you may search our Websites or create an account (tied to a non-European Union identity). However, your further use of our Websites may be denied or blocked if you provide personal information that identifies you as a resident of the European Union.